Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Long Overdue ELF Haul/Review








Good morning (or afternoon or evening) my lovelies!
Today I have my long overdue ELF haul to share with you. I think I will also do a mini review of everything (that I've used).


Top (L-R)

♥ Warm Bronzer - $3
♥ Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder- $3
♥ Cream Eyeliner (in black) - $3

Bottom (L-R)

♥ Pink Passion blush- $3
♥ Health Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance - $1
♥ Powder Brush - $3
♥ Smoky Brown nail polish - $1
♥ Matte top coat - $1


I opened these to let you see the colors.

I love the warm bronzer, it's not matte it does have like almost a frost/shimmer to it. It doesn't really bother me at all but if you don't like shimmer then I'd stay away. I've been using it to warm up my face and it does quite a nice job.

The contouring blush/bronzer duo is supposedly a dupe for the famous NARS Laguna and Orgasm blush/bronzer duo. I wouldn't know I don't have it. Although my mom does have the blush so let me know if you want a comparison. I really like the bronzer it's perfect for what it says it does. Contouring! The blush part I haven't used very often because I'm so in love with the other blush I bought.

I haven't really used the cream eyeliner I think I used it once. I'll have to use it some more to let you know what I think about it. Maybe a comparison to my holy grail product Stila's Smudge Pot in black? (:

So the Pink Passion blush in the pan (and online) looks like a neon hot pink and I was a little bit afraid of it. Too much and you look ridiculous, this happened once when I wasn't paying attention to the amount that went on the brush but, a little powder can tone it done. When applied with a light hand you get a beautiful effect. I HIGHLY recommend this blush. This is my favorite thing (other than the brush) that I bought.

On the sight they claim that the healthy glow bronzing powder is well a bronzer. I'm not sure who can wear the shade luminance as a bronzer but, kudos to them. I actually didn't buy this for a bronzer I bought it to use as a highlight and it works quite well for that. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, it looks sort of cheap but, for a buck I'm not complaining!

Onto the powder brush. This is AH-MAZING! I wasn't sure if it would live up to all of the hype I've heard about it but, it sure does! So soft and it doesn't shed at all. Next time I place an order to ELF I might buy a backup! If you don't already have this then you need to!

I had seen swatches of the Smoky Brown polish and it looked like a nice fall/winter color so I bought it and I've worn it a lot this month! It will probably end up in my November favorites. You can get away with one coat of it but, I opt for two (if I have the time).

I have yet to use the matte top coat mainly because I'm not sure of what polish to put it over! Any suggestions?

I also wanted to say that I really like all of the packaging of the Studio line products, the look sleek.


On a side note Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm not a huge fan of turkey so here's my favorite Thanksgiving thing (that I beg my mom to make year round!)

Green bean casserole! Sound so nasty but tastes so good.

*Image from google images*


I think I'll take a Thanksgiving OOTD and post it tomorrow because we're going to my aunt and uncle's house.

Are any of you doing Black Friday shopping? I am, my mom, sister, and I are going to Kohls and Target.


XXOO


Savannah


3 comments:

  1. I also really like the Smokey Brown polish, and the bronzer from the blush/bronzer duo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great haul! green bean casserole is my favorite too :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fashionistas! I love hearing your thoughts! If you have any questions/requests make sure to ask! I'll get back to you as soon as possible!
XXOO