Sunday, February 6, 2011

Favoris de Janvier !



Hello my fashionistas!
I have my January favorites for you all.
I decided to do the title in French because I'm in French class and my best friend Melissa reads my blog (hey girlfrannnn!) and we have French together. I feel like my teacher would be proud!
I have a little confession, I hate doing favorite posts!
It's not that I don't like reading them because I love doing that but, all the work of swatching, deciding what I loved during the month, and how to keep it from being a rambling post drives me nuts! I feel like I don't always give one product enough talk during the post or I talk too much about another! Have no fear though, I'll keep doing them!

Here's what I've been loving for my eyes during Janvier!

Urban Decay Naked Palette (specifically Hustle, Sin, and Virgin, and Naked for my brows) ♥
MAC pan shadows in Satin Taupe and Twinks ♥
NYC Liquid Liner in Black ♥
Maybelline Colossal Lash in Glam Brown ♥
Rimmel Lond 1-2-3 Mascara ♥
  • I love the Naked palette, honestly I can't rave enough about it. Hustle is the most amazing crease color for a neutral smoky eye! Love! Sin makes a great inner corner color. Virgin is good for a frostier highlight. I've been using Naked to fill in the sparse areas in my brows.
  • Satin Taupe is my holy grail color! It's just fantastic! I've been using it mostly all over the lid but, if you want to go for a lighter smoky daytime eye I think it would be a great crease color. Twinks is really great too, it adds definition to my outer corner when I use Satin Taupe all over with Sin in the inner corner, Hustle in the crease, and Virgin as a highlight.
  • I used to abhor liquid liner but, this liner is so great! I'm no pro at applying liquid liner, I stink at lining the inner corner area. It always comes out to wide of a line, any tips? Anyways, NYC liquid liner is super cheap (under $3.00 at Target), super black, and I love the brush. Cheap and good, what's not to love?!
  • My Falsies finally got used up (must repurchase!!!) so I've been using my Colossal and I've been really enjoying it. I've found that it's a drier mascara but, it does a good job at lengthening (although I think it's meant for volume right?) any-who, I love!
  • I won the Rimmel 1-2-3 mascara on Ellie Love's Friday Freebie a month or two ago and I didn't use it very much because I found it to be too wet. I started using it again after I used up my Rimmel Lash Maxx and Falsies and I found that I love it! When used with Colossal underneath with a coat or two of this over it, it gives a very full lash affect! Beware though, it's a very wet mascara.
Left to Right:
Satin Taupe, Twinks, Hustle, Sin, Virgin, & the NYC Liquid Liner in black.

Left to Right:
NYC Liquid Liner, Colossal, Rimmel 1-2-3.
Rimmel 1-2-3 is one of those mascaras with different 'settings' , this is 'setting' number 2. I guess 1 and 2 give a little bit of a different effect but, not so much that I use one more than the other!


Face Favorites!

Stila Road to Radiance (only the cream blush in Hibiscus) ♥
ELF Contouring and Blush duo (only the bronzer) ♥
ELF Pink Passion Blush ♥

  • The cream blush in here is highly pigmented and it blends super easily. I love layering Pink Passion over it.
  • I know, the contouring and blush duo was in last month but, I love! It's such a great contouring color. I never contoured before and now I don't know how I survived without!
  • This blush was also in my favorites last month but, I've been using it a ton!

Left to right:
Hibiscus, Pink Passion, Pink Passion over Hibiscus, and the contouring bronzer.
In real life Pink Passion alone and over Hibiscus is a lot more vibrant. Hibiscus alone is looking more purple-y but, really it's a deep pink.

Finally my perfume/nails/lip favorites!


DKNY Be Delicious ♥♥♥
OPI Windy City Pretty ♥
Rimmel London Airy Fairy lipstick ♥

  • I've wanted this perfume for like 2 years and when Lily bought it for me I was so happy! Thanks girl! Whenever I wear it (ahem, everyday!) I get loads of compliments and questions about what I have on!
  • I took this polish a couple of months ago from my mom and never put it back in her bathroom... I started wearing it a lot during the end of the month. Opaque in two coats and a very simple pink.
  • I heard loads of people raving about this lipstick and I had to pick it up! It's a nice pink with what looks like to me kind of a golden sheen? I don't know! My lips are super pigmented on their own but, I occasionally like wearing lipstick and this is a nice neutral pink that requires no fuss!
Left to Right:
OPI Windy City Pretty & Airy Fairy.

Excuse the fact that my hand/arm looks all fat, the tape and the awkward angle I had to bend my hand to get a good picture makes my hand look bloated!


Let me know what your favorites of Janvier were!

Loads of love!


XXOO



Savannah


4 comments:

  1. I love this. I know it takes a lot of time and effort so thanks for sharing. Love the Windy City nail polish. Love the DKNY perfume (smells yum) and finally...love the FRENCH. Wanna hear what I know? WEE WEE CROISSANT!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYYEEEEEYYYY! Loving the shout-out! I'm touched. And oooh I love windy city pretty! And I like Hibiscus and Pink Passion togetha! Haha btw Foxy would be proud. Favoris de Janvier!Savy parler francaise tres bien! <3
    I WANT MY NI-NI!
    Okay, the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Even though you dont care for favorites post, I'm happy you do them!!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fashionistas! I love hearing your thoughts! If you have any questions/requests make sure to ask! I'll get back to you as soon as possible!
XXOO