Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shirtdress Safari

Hello fashionistas!
Today I busted out a new dress that I bought a few weekends ago. It was one of those mornings where everything I went to wear was problematic! 
At first I was going to wear jeans and my galaxy diy shirt, then I changed jeans to my favorite pencil skirt. Decided to wear that another day. So I headed to closet and looked through my dresses, finally deciding on a cream one. I went to iron it and found a small (most probably lipstick) stain on it! I headed back to my closet and selected a blue polka dot dress only to find that there was a small snag in the hem. I couldn't win. So, I grabbed the new shirtdress and slipped it on. Do any of you ever have those days when your clothing simply refuses to work with you? 



Dress and belt: Kohl's Shoes: Aerosoles Tank-top: F21 Bracelet: local store Necklace: Tiffany & Co. 



I decided that I needed to add a little print to this, hence the sassy cheetah belt! Just a little safari with my shirtdress. I had to add this silver twist bracelet for a bit of sparkle. 
My only problem with this dress was that it wrinkled so easily! I literally had just ironed it before I put it on to take pictures and yet I already had wrinkles when it was photographed!

When I saw this dress I instantly knew that I had to have it. It reminds me of the dress that Kate Hudson wore in the movie Something Borrowed and I absolutely loved how she looked. It was simple and chic. The fact that I was able to find a shirtdress similar to hers' made me so happy! Here's the outfit that I fell in love with! 

I can't wait for tomorrow to be over because it will be the start of spring break! My mom rescheduled my MRI for Friday and I'm not going into school afterwards. 
I'm off to go study for my history test that I have tomorrow. 

XXOO

Savannah

6 comments:

  1. Maximum adorable achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made hearts in my eyes! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH I love this! You look fabulous, and those shoes are the perfect complement to the shirtdress. My spring break is just ending, so I'm super jealous you are just starting yours. :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute outfit!! (:

    Check out my blog & follow? (:
    onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really great!

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Id love to come all over that dress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fashionistas! I love hearing your thoughts! If you have any questions/requests make sure to ask! I'll get back to you as soon as possible!
XXOO