Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Prints, Please.

Hello fashionistas!
I wanted to share an outfit of the day with you all! I wore this to school yesterday. 
Oh, also, here's my new haircut. I ended up channeling my inner Heidi Klum, I'm very happy with how it turned out! 


I can't wait to pair this top with a pencil skirt. 

Top: Loft Cardigan: JCP Jeans: Kohl's Shoes: Belk Necklace: Tiffany & Co. Bracelet: Claire's

After buying this shirt from the Loft I was dying to wear it. I've turned a corner and I've started to love prints.. I know, not something I ever expected to love, but when they're balanced out with a solid I actually love them! I decided to pair it with my bootcut dark wash jeans. I wanted some color, so I stole my mom's coral cardigan. I love this cardigan because it's incredibly soft, but also interesting because it has these little circular details next to the buttons/button holes. I paired my a chunky blue bracelet for a contrasting color pop. I thought that the pointy heels balanced the whole look out. 



I pinned my new bangs over and left my hair straight as a pin. Which is what it is naturally. 
I long for naturally curly hair, but it will never happen. They always say that you want what you can't have..
I did a simple purple eye with my Too Faced Romantic Eye palette- totally obsessed with this palette! 


Today I came home and biked 12 miles, my legs are killing me! I was glad that I didn't have too much homework because it gave me time to do some laundry and relax. 

I'm currently reading a book called Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld and it is really good. 

Here's the book summary.

Lee Fiora is an intelligent, observant fourteen-year-old when her father drops her off in front of her dorm at the prestigious Ault School in Massachusetts. She leaves her animated, affectionate family in South Bend, Indiana, at least in part because of the boarding school’s glossy brochure, in which boys in sweaters chat in front of old brick buildings, girls in kilts hold lacrosse sticks on pristinely mown athletic fields, and everyone sings hymns in chapel. 

As Lee soon learns, Ault is a cloistered world of jaded, attractive teenagers who spend summers on Nantucket and speak in their own clever shorthand. Both intimidated and fascinated by her classmates, Lee becomes a shrewd observer of–and, ultimately, a participant in–their rituals and mores. As a scholarship student, she constantly feels like an outsider and is both drawn to and repelled by other loners. By the time she’s a senior, Lee has created a hard-won place for herself at Ault. But when her behavior takes a self-destructive and highly public turn, her carefully crafted identity within the community is shattered.

I thoroughly recommend you all go check it out. Not sure what I'll move onto once I'm done it, but I'm sure I'll find something just as entertaining.
What are you guys currently reading? Any suggestions?


XXOO

Savannah

4 comments:

  1. I love this outfit the sweater is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! I love the outfit, and your hair looks amazing! I am also a person that tends to not wear printed tops too much, but I think I will take a lesson from you and try it more often as well. I have to laugh at your comment on wanting naturally curly hair because for about 10 years I wished so badly to have naturally curly hair that I got it permed every year so that I could "fake it". LOL yes it did look SO FAKE! Haha, yes I look back at pictures from 7th grade and think it is so funny that I used to think it looked totally natural! You are so right that we always wish for what we do not have. I have since come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to have naturally curly hair, and I feel much more like "me". :) Great job in biking 12 miles! You go girl! Hope all is going well for you Savannah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful outfit on you. i love the pops of color mixed with that fun print. and your hair looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable, I love that orange sweater with the Cheetah print fabulous heels too!

    I remember seeing that book on the shelf, I'll check it out sometime soon :)

    xoxo,
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fashionistas! I love hearing your thoughts! If you have any questions/requests make sure to ask! I'll get back to you as soon as possible!
XXOO